Famous Sightseeing and Tourist Places in Dharamshala
Dharamshala is a lovely place to visit and get into the beauty of the environment. This place is also regarded as the holy residence of the Dalai Lama. Here, you can also see the houses of the Tibetan monks in exile. This place is situated at a distance of 18 KM from Kangra City. This lovely city is also separated as upper and lower divisions having different altitudes.
What Places You Should Visit In Dharamshala
- Library Of Tibetan Works and Archives
- Dharamshala Cricket Stadium
- War Memorial
- Gyuto Monastery
- Dharamshala International Film Festivals 2019
Best Time To Visit
The best time to visit the lovely and beautiful Dharamshala is between March to mid-July. Do not go in summer or monsoon as it may hinder you to experience the beauty of Dharamshala.
Reasons To Visit Dharmshala
The hills and valleys are blessed with amazing colorful and fragrant flowers.
- The temperature of this place also remains amazing
- Do not forget to do trekking along scenic trails.
- You should also attend The Tibetan New Year occurs sometime in February or March.
- The celebration with great fanfare as Losar Festival will make you fall in love with it.
What About The Culture Of Dharmshala
The indigenous people of Dharamshala are so humble and they are known as Gaddis. They generally do follow the Hindu religion. Talking about the Upper Dharamshala or McLeod Ganj, it is actually a Tibetan community. The holy residence of the Dalai Lama also enhances the value of this place for the visitors.
Shopping in Dharamshala
Without shopping in Dharmshala, your journey will be regarded as incomplete. If you are good at bargaining, you will have more enjoyment at Dharmshala
- Kotwali Bazar: An ideal place if you want to buy any of these things such as
- Tibetan Dresses,
- Woolen Shawls,
- Prayer Wheels,
- Traditional Jewelry,
- Mandala Paintings,
- Mcleodganj: If you are supposed to purchase Tibetan handicrafts, beautiful carpets, and other local outstandinggoods, then you must go forMcleodganj.
- The Green Shop: The green shop is just amazing recycling the products and selling them at the best prices.
Best Place to Eat in Dharamshala
For the foodie people, Dharamshala is just a lovely place. Here, you can have Tibetan food, Indian, Italian, South Indian, and Israeli cuisines. Check these best places where to eat in Dharmashala
- Pace Café
- Chocolate Log
- Lung Ta
- Nick’s Italian Kitchen
- Lhasa Restaurant
- PemaThang Pizzeria
- Four Seasons Restaurant
- Jimmy’s Italian Kitchen
- Tibet Kitchen
- Namgyal Café
- Taste of India
- Carpe Diem
Accommodation in Dharamshala
You would not face accommodation-related issues in Dharamshala. There is a wide array of hostels and tourist lodges available at competitive prices. Let us check out the hotels in Dharamshala imparting a comfortable stay for you.
- Hotel Surya Resort
- Hotel Royal Palace
- Hotel Asia Health Resorts
- Hotel Asian Plaza
- WelcomHeritage Grace Hotel
- Hotel White Heaven Estate
- Hotel Snow Hermitage Resort
- Aveda Hotel
- Anupam Resort
Conclusion – So, what are you waiting for? It is time to go ahead and check it out the best place to have more experience about the lovely place.