Famous Sightseeing and Tourist Places in Alleppey
Exception scenic settings and serene backwaters are all that you get to see when you are in Alleppey. Popularly known as Venice of East, Alleppey is an incredible holiday destination with a number of famous sightseeing places.
Places That Will Entice You
For Beach Lovers :- Alleppey has beautiful beaches that never fail to attract tourists. These beaches include Alappuzha Beach, Marari Beach, and Andhakaranazhi Beach. Here, you can relax and enjoy the sunset & sunrise. These beaches are also a perfect picnic spot where you can plan a small get-together with your friends and family.
For Architect Lovers :- Apart from this, also an old lighthouse fascinates the tourists with its amazing architecture.
For Peach Lovers :- If you are in Alleppey then you should not miss the chance of backwater journey. You will get houseboat for the overnight journey like hotel rooms. These houseboats are like luxurious huts on the water that offers all the possible facilities to the visitors. Backwater is perfect for those who want to spend the day in complete peace and witnessing the amazing scenic beauty of Alleppey at night.
For Religious People :- Apart from the beaches, there are many other places where you can explore more about Alleppey. A long list of temples and churches will mesmerize you with their incredible architecture. The best places where you can get that divine feeling are such as
- St. Mary Forane Church
- Sree Subramanya Swami Temple
- and Ambalappuzha Sri Krishna Temple
For Food Lovers:- If you want to enjoy the local cuisines of Alleppey like PuttuAndKadalathen you must plan your visit to The Harbour Restaurant, Hellas Restaurant, and Sisir Palace backwater restaurant.
What All You Can Do In Alleppey?
1. If you are a nature lover then Alleppey is just for you. This place has an amazing network of canals that pass throughout the town and allows you to explore the entire area. There is a lot to do when you are in Alleppey.
2. You can go for Public ferry ride to witness the beauty of water and nature. The ferry will take you from Alleppey to Kottayam and the entire ride will be about 2 and a half hours. This is one of the cheapest ways of traveling from Alleppey to Kottayam as you will be charged only around Rs. 10 per person.
3. Apart from this, you can also enjoy the Shikaras in Alleppey. Getting into a shikhara is a great option for those who want to go for a self-guided ride over the waterways.
Best Time To Reach Alleppey
The best time to visit Alleppey is in between November to February.
How To Reach This Divine Place
Alleppey is connected to almost every mode of transportation so you will not face any trouble in reaching this place.
- By Train – If you are coming from the train then you will find that all the major cities are connected to Alleppey with railway stations.
- By Flight – You can also take a flight to reach Cochin airport. After this, you can hire a cab or get into a bus to reach Alleppey. Alleppey is just 75 km from Cochin airport.
- By Road – The best part is that Alleppey is accessible via road through National Highway47. So, you can plan a road trip also to Alleppey.
Conclusion:- Right from museums to temples and backwaters to beaches, this divine and peaceful Alleppey offers a number of reasons to visit it. You can plan your stay in resorts, houseboats or luxurious hotels as per your comfortability.